The Lyman Agency, LLC started in 2003, when Jim Lyman changed careers into agribusiness insurance after Nelson Cecarelli made the suggestion to Jim. At the time Nelson was retiring from the insurance business to return to run his family’s vegetable farm in Northford, CT. Jim started with a small portion of Nelson’s client base, including Nelson and the entire Cecarelli family. For his first six years, he mentored under his General manager Craig Marsh in the Lisbon, CT office. Craig worked with Jim to harness his previous business experience and showed him how to properly assess a client’s aversion to risk and to develop a completely customized program. In 2010 Jim opened his own office in Middlefield and made his first hire, Patti Volpe as Office Manager. 2011 Nelson Cecarelli joined The Lyman Agency, LLC as an outside CSR. Nelson helped during the offseason from farming. Unfortunately, Nelson passed in early 2018 after a relatively short illness. Today The Lyman Agency, LLC. represents several hundred clients ranging from a client needing a simple renters policy to clients with several hundred employees across multiple states.
The Lyman Agency, Inc is a multi-line insurance agency offering our clients insurance for:
- Business Property and Casualty
- Vegetable growers
- Greenhouse growers
- Christmas tree growers
- Garden Centers
- Winery/ Vineyards
- Main Street Businesses
- Commercial Packages
- Business Auto Coverage
- Workers Compensation
- Professional Liability/ Directors and Officers Protection
- Personal Auto
- Business Continuation Planning
- Special Needs Planning for families with a disabled child
We pride ourselves in understanding our clients and providing fast, and friendly client service, while handling challenging cases and making the complex simple.
Our Mission Statement
Our mission is to create well-informed clients by taking the time to understand their needs and create a program that manages their insurance needs in a cost-effective manner, while also helping them understand how to keep their insurance program stable going forward. We pride ourselves on having a professional, knowledgeable, and friendly staff that services their needs in a timely manner.
How We Can Help
- The Lyman Insure difference: Managing member Jim Lyman spent fourteen years on your side of the table at his family’s 1000 acre, multifaceted farm and business in senior management positions. He has an inherent understanding that insurance is a necessary expense and needs to be managed. Jim prides himself in helping his clients control and maintain their claims, which results in stable premiums.
- Risk Control: Requires skill and know-how. Everyone has a different aversion to risk. We take the time to understand your business and those things you feel are vital to the success of your farm or business. We will develop a complete customized plan that will protect your business and help you control your costs.
- Claims Advocacy– Our staff remain active in the claims process and are always available to act as the conduit between our clients and the insurance claims adjusters to advocate for your interests.
- We will be there when you need us most. We take a sincere interest in our clients and work to satisfy your needs.
Who We Are
The Lyman Agency, LLC., is a multi-line agency that prides itself in understanding our clients and providing fast, and friendly client service. We pride ourselves in handling challenging cases and making the complex simple.
Why Choose Us
We will be there when you need us most. We take a sincere interest in our clients and work to satisfy your needs
Meet The Team
James R. Lyman
Jim has been an agent since 2003. Prior to changing careers, he worked 15 years for his family’s historic farm, The Lyman Farm, Inc. running various operations including wholesale, retail, and golf operations. He is a graduate of Cornell University with a major in Agricultural Economics and a minor in Pomology. Jim was a co-founder of Roses for Autism, Vice Chair of Plan of Connecticut, a Non-profit that administers over 1,000 trusts for the disabled and elderly in Connecticut; and the Treasurer of the Eastern States Exposition, one of America’s largest agricultural fairs, West Springfield MA.
Patti has been with the Lyman Agency, Inc. since 2010. She is the one that keeps everything flowing and always has a cheerful client-centric approach. Prior to coming to the Lyman Agency Patti has 22 years of claims experience with Allstate.
Roseann is a recent addition to the team. Prior to joining The Lyman Agency, Inc, Roseann was an administrative assistant in the Legal and field management department at the Knights of Columbus Corporate offices. She is an entrepreneur at heart and owned businesses in the past and along with other positions in the insurance industry.
Gail has been with The Lyman Agency, Inc since 2016. She is very client-centric, thorough, and really enjoys getting to know our clients. Gail has 26 years of experience with Aetna in various support roles including Sr. Account Representative of Group Universal Life.
Get Your Free Quote
Get the coverage you need for your Home, Business, Farm, and more. Let us complete a full policy review an prepare a quote for you Today!